Tuesday, October 19, 2010

First blood.

I cut my finger today.

Due to the varied age of my readers, I'll spare y'all a gory picture, but just take my word for how gory it is. (It's pretty gory.)

Here's the story. I had just resharpened it this morning. I mean, really sharp. Like, I could throw it at a tip wedge and it would cut itself perfectly, sharp. So, I was throwing it at various pieces of wood, making all sorts of incredible wedges, and then it occurred to me that my hand was getting a little worn from where it rubs up against the knife, with all my amazing chopping action. Easy fix, I thought. I'll just put a couple pieces of masking tape there to pad it a little. I turned my knife over to do that, when all of the sudden it jumped from my hand, yelled "I'll get you, sucker, and your little dog too!" and chomped off a pretty large slice from the side of my finger. I gasped, and fortunately had a paper towel sitting right in front of me. Then made my first visit to the huge First Aid box at the back of the room.

Actually, in reality, it happened so fast that I'm still not really sure the logistics of it. Somehow it flipped around and got a slice off the inside of my pointer finger. And tying good knots is awfully hard without an index finger. Anyhow, I'm thankful to have all my requirements done for bow rehair class, and now a long weekend fall break, which I will spend roadtripping to a faraway place to see people I have not seen in a very long time. :)

Monday we start ebony!

2 comments:

  1. I definitely burst out laughing just now! It's not too bad, is it? Glad fall break is nearly here so your finger will have a chance to heal for a couple days... love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yuuuuck. I'm sorry! that's horrific.
    at least you don't have a dog. Vet bills are usually pretty hefty, and that knife sounded relentless.

    ReplyDelete